Digital Life Central is reader-powered. We are a participant in the Amazon LLC Associates Program and other affiliates programs. As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Is it challenging to do a Fitbit password reset? Resetting your Fitbit password is no longer more challenging than resetting the password for your email account. In many ways, it is simpler than many online email systems.
How To Do A Fitbit Password Reset Using the App
Most of us would probably do a Fitbit password reset using the app.
- If you are already logged out of the app, tap login and Forgot Your password?
- Enter your email address and tap on sending the reset email. In seconds, an email is sent to the email account associated with your Fitbit app.
- You can check your email on your phone or another device. When you can’t find the email, it is good to check in your junk or spam folder. If you can’t find the email, you can start the process again.
- When the email does not show up within an hour, you should contact the Fitbit customer support team.
- All you have to do once you have received your email is click the link in the email. The link in the email takes you through to the Fitbit mobile website.
- It is now time to enter your new password. After you have done that, you need to tap set.
- Return to the Fitbit app and log in with your new password.
Resetting Your Fitbit Password From the Dashboard
- Type in Fitbit.com/login in your browser window
- Click on Forgot password?
- Type in your email address and click on send. An email is sent to the email address indicated or associated with the account as with the app.
- Click the link in the reset email you receive from Fitbit.
- Type in your new password and click on set
Why Should You Reset Your Password?
Of course, if you have lost or forgotten your password, it goes without saying that you must reset your Fitbit password.
However, there may also be other reasons you may want to reset your password. For example, if you think your Fitbit account has been compromised, you should reset your password.
It is essential to create a unique password for your Fitbit account. Unfortunately, far too many of us use the same password for all of our accounts.
If your Fitbit has been stolen, you should also reset your password. You may not get your Fitbit back, but at least you can recover your account.
The same thing goes when you have accidentally lost or misplaced your Fitbit. Make sure that you reset your password as soon as possible.
It is also a good idea to change your password from time to time. Please note your new password but keep it away from others. Even with the best intentions, someone may pass on your password.
How Do I Create a Secure Fitbit Password?
It would help if you created a unique password that you only use for logging into your Fitbit account.
This is how you do it:
- Choose at least eight characters. Remember that a longer password is harder to break.
- It is a good idea to include both lower and uppercase letters. On top of that, you should also try to make sure you use numbers and special characters.
- Words with unusual capitalization, random numbers, and characters are good.
- Don’t use a name or number associated with you or your partner. For instance, using your pet’s name and birthday is a bad idea.
- You should also make sure that you can remember your password.
Here is an idea for you that makes a unique password – My1stWinneThePoohBookWas?
As you can see, it will be essential to remember that your password is case-sensitive.
Has Fitbit Ever Been Hacked?
The jury is out on this matter. However, personal details belonging to Fitbit accounts holders appear to have been leaked from third-party sites.
Fitbit users are claiming to have been hacked. Their Fitbit email addresses were changed, and personal information was taken advantage of.
Remember that much of the data you trust Fitbit with, such as blood pressure and sleeping patterns, can be worth reselling to other industries. For example, both medical and pharmaceutical companies worldwide are aware that this kind of data is worth its weight in gold.
It would help if you created a unique password for your Fitbit account. In addition, it would be best never to use your Fitbit account login details on any other sites.
Don’t do silly things, including posting your login details on social media or sending them by Messenger or WhatsApp. You never know who the person is on the other end, even if they claim they are your best friend or family member.
What To Do If You Think You Have Been Hacked?
The first thing you need to do is change your login details. You may even want to set up a new email address.
You should never share your login details in an email, even if it says Fitbit has sent the email.
You should never really receive an email from the company asking you to follow a link to log in unless you have requested it. However, if you receive an email asking for login details, it is good to get in touch with Fitbit.
The problem may not only be affecting you. It could be affecting thousands of other users as well.
Staying safe online is very important. Ensure that you treat your personal data with respect and keep all of your login details to yourself.
Many keep their login data in a book or folder. That is okay, but if your home is broken into, make sure you go through every account and change your login details. Also, do a Fitbit password reset as soon as possible to make sure your physical data is not accessed.